4 months ago
Mission System Design Engineer - Avionics
Job ID: 478118BR Date posted: Apr. 09, City: Fort Worth State: TexasProgram: F-22
Description:Lockheed Martin Aeronautics delivers breakthrough capabilities and landmark aircraft that continually redefine flight. For more than 100 years, Aeronautics has been designing, building, and sustaining the finest military aircraft in the world.
The Integrated Fighter Group is looking for individuals that would thrive in a challenging environment whose charter is to provide state of the art capabilities to two major deployed Warfighters: F-16 and F-22. Both of these aircraft are on the front-line supporting key Air Force initiatives around the world. The measure of success for this work is increased survivability for the men and women who put their lives at risk for all of us.
• Requirements tracking, risk management and architecture development across multiple projects
• Working across IPTs to ensure all aspects of projects are covered with appropriate requirements (requirement formulation, decomposition, flow-down, traceability, and metrics)
• Working with functional experts and generating verification and validation plans for requirements
• Working with senior engineers to provide documents conveying customer and supplier requirement relationships
• Other duties as assigned
Must be a US Citizen. Position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have a final Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain a Secret SAR/SAP clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, related Engineering degree considered
Experience working in the following areas:
• System Level Design Experience
• Background in Aircraft Communications Systems
• Working Knowledge of Aircraft Avionics
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following skill domains: TACAN, IFF, Link 16 and/or Open Systems Architecture
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes to include requirements development and verification, systems architecture, and conceptual design theories
• Team Player
• Good Communication Skills
• MS Office Suite Proficiency
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First