7 months ago
The Boeing Company is recruiting for a Mission Planner to join the Chantilly, VA Team. The Mission Operations Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling of activities performed for the operation of a complex real-time system. Candidates should have experience in de-confliction of system assets and resources for a 24x7 operational system. You will coordinate the long-term schedule for an operational system and support re-planning for contingency and emergency operations.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Ability to work a rotating shifts in a 24x7 Operations team environment to include working weekends and holidays
· Troubleshoot and resolve problems following defined procedures
· Escalate issues as required
· Recognize and Document System Discrepancies
· Identify and Propose opportunities for system improvement
· Coordinate, update and create necessary procedures
· Identify issues and write Discrepancy Reports noting anomalous conditions
· Willingness to complete positional and corporate training requirements
· Certification required – Combination of self-led reading, observation, and on the job training provided resulting in a passing evaluation from designated trainer, evaluator, Operations Manager, and Training Lead
· Must have the ability to adjust to changing priorities, multiple demands and crises
· Must demonstrate strength in attention to detail
· Participate in the development of engineering processes, methods and tools for use as a planner
Note: This position is not a master scheduler or MS Project type of position. It is a certified operations position which provides planning and scheduling functions utilizing custom software. This position works closely with the customer and requires a professional and customer focused attitude.
This position does not provide relocation assistance.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
· This position requires a current Top Secret/SCI clearance and is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence. Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI on profile/resume to be considered.
· 2 or more years’ experience with operations planning/operations support of systems engineering projects
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award