8 months ago
Military Transition Program - Aviation Maintenance Technician
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines!
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Our culture is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. Our team is like a family, and this foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Program Summary: As a selected member of the Military Transition Program, our goal is assist you, the aviation maintenance professional with the most practical and rewarding opportunity to take your military honed skills to the next level and obtain your FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant License. For those with current Airframe and Powerplant Licences, please apply to one of our open Airframe and Powerplant Technican postings.
In this extremely competitive program, we are seeking those skilled maintainers that desire to continue in their craft and seamlessly transition from military to commercial aviation maintenance. Our program designed for you is leading the industry in helping service members gain the skills and requirements to affiliate with a leader in the regional aviation industry.
Location: Varies (OH, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL)
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
* Previous Experience in a United States Military Occupational Specialty within Aviation Maintenance
* High school diploma, or equivalent
* Valid, state-issued Driver’s License
* Must have, or be able to obtain FAA 8610-2, both A&P (Tickets).
* Will perform tasks necessary to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations and accept the responsibility for work performed by him/herself and/or in conjunction with others and sign for same on the Company's approved forms.
* Work will consist of and include any and all phases of repair and maintenance of aircraft with the aid of the employee's own tools, specialty tools provided by the Company, the use of test equipment, and Company-supplied technical manuals.
* In certain cases, he/she may be authorized to perform required inspection items and assist in Company training programs.
* Assure that hangar workshops and other areas assigned are maintained in an orderly manner.
The Aviation Maintenance Pathways program for military veterans provides a fully funded opportunity to obtain the FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant Licensure. Once selected to this program, all candidates will be afforded:
Fully funded Airframe and Powerplant course. Application, Books, Program, Testing, Lodging, and travel to and from. An incidental per-diem will not be authorized for the purposes of this course.
Selected candidates are also eligible for a Sign-On Bonus, Relocation Bonus (to certain facilities), and an Experience Bonus. In addition, a tool procurement program is afforded as well.
* PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and flight benefits on all American Airlines flights.
* To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting, and criminal/verbal background checks.
* PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.