3 months ago
As the Supplier Fulfillment Leader you will need to effectively manage supplier relationships and drive on time delivery of hardware. The Supplier Fulfillment Leader will work with suppliers to ensure they have capacity, raw material and internal resources to support current and future schedules, minimize risk at suppliers, monitor their execution and coordinate with functional experts to mitigate problems prior to their impact on customers.
The Supplier Fulfillment Leader will be responsible for driving delivery strategy and execution of suppliers:
* Drive delivery health
* measured by high on-time delivery
* and low delinquency
* across all assigned suppliers and part numbers
As the Supplier Fulfillment Leader, This will include:
* Identifying and resolving input material risks through raw material reviews with suppliers and GE’s internal raw material teams
* Assess capacity by identifying capacity risks at suppliers and executing plans to sustain capacity
* Ensuring suppliers process WIP on schedule
* Solves problems as necessary to ensure a successful delivery to support our customers
* Effectively manages supplier relationships and creates supplier accountability as outlined in GE Aviation’s Supplier Expectations Performance Management (SEPM) process
* Works with cross-functional team –communicates timely, clearly and effectively across key stakeholders and works with engineering, quality, commodity buyers and manufacturing to identify critical delivery problems and works to solve delivery issues
* Communicates timely, articulately and effectively across key stakeholders
* Defines supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels
* Developing new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Balances both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Works with senior leaders (SPB, EB and SEB) across GE
* Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
* Provides technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
* Actively participates in supplier performance reviews
* Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures within their own field
* Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in supplier delivery, procurement, production control, and/or shop operations
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Detail oriented
* Ability to multitask and coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Self Starter who likes to be a part of a fast paced team
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that was recently ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top cities in the country for employment. The area offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.