2 months ago
Company is currently seeking a User
Experience Specialist to join the HR, Safety & Security, Internal
Governance, and Corporate Systems organization in St Louis, MO. In this role you will lead products from user
research through iterative development and delivery into the Boeing
Organization. The successful candidate will support the full development
life cycle. This includes requirements development, design, code, test,
integration, formal qualification / certification of software tools that will
be used in the development and deployment of electronic systems.
with project teams to perform user-centered design activities that actively involve
users throughout all phases of a project to ensure product usability
product decisions by conducting user research such as interviews and
facilitating iterative feedback loops.
the definition of complex user requirements, user flows, and usability goals
the creation of user interaction design alternatives for complex requirements,
and conveys designs by building prototypes and style guides
iterative usability tests to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the designs
and prioritizes complex usability issues and refines designs or recommends
In this role
you will be placed at the heart of a fast-paced, growing organization where you
will have the opportunity to help shape the tools as they are being created.
We are looking for someone with:
for the end user
creative, self-critical, flexible and adaptable
for growing skills and trying new design processes
Boeing is the
world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial
airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and
technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and
for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
* 1+ years experience working in Lean/Agile software development
* Experience working in a cross-functional team
* 1+ years of experience with User-Centered design, usability, and interaction or visual design
to develop the visual design, branding and data visualizations to produce
modern, compelling products
* ADA-compliance, Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 experience is beneficial, but not required.
skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds
and skill levels.
deployments, UI development, UI prototyping, UI mocks, and automated UI testing
is a plus.
in .Net, Java, Ruby and/or Puppet
* Collaboration skills teaming with users, product owners, product managers, developers, and related teams
* Experience developing UX strategy and best practices at a team or organization level
* Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects
* Knowledge/experience with object oriented analysis and design methods
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Typical Education / Experience:
bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a
Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an
equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is
defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or
information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award