about 1 month ago
Mid Level Systems Engineer
Rome, NY US
CACI is seeking a cleared Mid Level Systems Engineer for potential work to lead and manage operations and maintenance (O&M), research and development (R&D), and procurement of data and information processing capabilities. The focus will be to improve battlespace awareness and data for decision making at all echelons across Combat Air Force (AF) Command and Control (C2) and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) enterprise, Intelligence Community (IC), Joint, and Coalition air, space, cyberspace, and intelligence components, systems, and architectures. The primary purpose is to conduct Intelligence Data Handling Systems (IDHS) and AF C2 & ISR related research, studies, analysis, enhance operations, increase mission effectiveness, improve information security, conduct experimentation, and implement new and emerging information access, processing, analysis and dissemination technologies in response to critical AF and IC multi-domain needs across Air, Space, and Cyber.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Provides requirement decomposition/definition and provides engineering expertise to assure program DOD requirements are developed and sustained.
* Supports full life cycle support to specify, design, develop, document, unit test and integration, and to conduct problem resolution for applications and scientific software and systems.
* Fully support senior engineering efforts. Possesses strong working knowledge in DOD areas such as command and control, intelligence, acquisition, data handling, space, and cyber, and intelligence data handling. Experience as technical lead working in a medium to large size engineering teams across network, hardware, software, integration, and verification efforts. Experience, knowledge and adherence to sound engineering lifecycle workflow principles across hardware, software, network, interfaces, high-level/detail design, integration, verification, and regression testing.
* Works with government stakeholders design, develop, integrate, and test solutions for technical requirements; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions and end user training; Ensures software standards are met. Understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provide technical solutions to complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with program objectives. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Demonstrates experience with the computer systems and analytics.
* Provides in-depth analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated solution.
* Supports development of integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active TS/SCI.
* Bachelor’s in computer science or related engineering disciplines and 5 years of related experience and experience and strong understanding of software architecture.
* Experience in full lifecycle development of embedded software for DOD technical development efforts.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Advanced degree (Master’s/PHD) in computer science or related engineering discipline.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.