5 months ago
more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development,
Boeing drives innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we
know it. Here in the Virtual Collaboration Services organization, we
drive innovation by connecting the Boeing Workforce. We’re changing the
way people work, connect, communicate, collaborate, share knowledge and
find information across the globe.
Our inSite platform is a
suite of web tools that allow for collaborating, learning, and
replicating of information across the enterprise. Employees across the
Boeing Company use inSite to create and maintain their work profile,
search for and connect with other employees, create and participate in
communities for discussion and sharing, and also storing and sharing
We are seeking smart, creative, and inventive
Product Designers to join us in rethinking how we connect our workforce.
You will work directly with a team of paired developers, designers, and
product managers to enhance our social networking platform and further
integrate the company’s people and data.
* Work as part of a balanced and agile team
* Participate in the full lifecycle including iterative development, estimations, and design sessions
* Lead product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce elegantly simple designs
* Build a next generation user interface for our social networking platform
* Support cross-team development forum, sharing best practices and mentoring others to facilitate knowledge sharing
* Turn ideas into a valuable product for the Boeing employees, suppliers, vendors, customers, and partners in our network
* Create design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
* Ask questions, take risks and champion ideas
Boeing is the world's
largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial
airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and
technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and
dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for
our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a
“US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “US Person”
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
* Experience collaborating and working across teams
must excel in a collaborative culture, have strong communication
skills, be very adaptable, react quickly to changes in direction, and
value continuous learning.
* Experience performing design research and user interviews
* Experience in interaction, visual design, and prototyping
* Experience designing quality applications across a variety of platforms and form factors
* Experience with Agile, Kanban, or Lean Startup methods and practices
* Experience with user-centered design, usability, and interaction or visual design
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award