12 months ago
Boeing's Electronic Products (EP) Organization is seeking a Microelectronics Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The successful applicants will become part of Boeing’s core Electronics Design team and support/work in the Electrical Engineering area.. The Huntsville EP organization supports a diverse portfolio of customers including Department of Defense, NASA, Homeland Security and Boeing Commercial Aircraft. The team is responsible for Electrical / Electronic Hardware, Test Equipment, Avionics, Smart Battery System and Wire Harness Design.
Typical duties and responsibilities for this position are in the areas of Embedded Firmware Design, Circuit Design, Schematic Capture, Board Layout, Circuit Simulation and C++ Programming.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
* Maintains detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products
* Develops detailed designs of limited scope
* Conducts various methods of testing and analysis to support design
* Gathers data for technical performance measures and performs basic analysis
* Provides basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product
* Conducts trade studies and literature research to support future product designs
* The Component Engineer will be responsible for part qualification and NSPAR approval
* Analyzes customer and system requirements to develop basic architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products
* Develops high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications
* Validates designs through various methods of review, testing and analysis
* Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements
* Supports Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services of limited scope
* Provides engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product
* Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with Failure Modes Effects Analysis
Must have a minimum of 3 years experience performing Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA)
Must have analog and digital electrical design experience
Must have engineering work experience associated with the development/selection/revision of parts, materials, and processes specifications used to make electronics
Must have engineering experience associated with the development, selection, and/or revision of parts, materials, and processes specifications used to make electrical wiring and associated electrical systems
Must have a degree from an accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Engineering experience with EMC, EMI, or E3
Minimum of 3 years experience in general analog electronic circuit design- specifically ruggedized power electronics design (power supplies, EMI filters, etc.)
Minimum of 3 years experience in the design/development of integrated circuits
Experience performing Worst Case Circuit Analysis
Typical Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award