3 months ago
* Independently tests, calibrates and repairs electrical, linear / dimensional, mechanical, electromechanical and electronic measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards.
* Assists in formulating calibration standards.
* Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
* Provides training to apprentice technicians on metrology principle, resolving technical problems, and complicated electronic theory.
* Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals and other specifications.
* Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
* Recommends substitution of standards or measuring equipment; if required, diagnoses and repairs malfunctions in complex measuring and test equipment using theories of operation, block diagrams, schematics, logic trees and software diagnostics to the component level.
* Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using micrometers, calipers and other precision instruments.
* Aligns, repairs, replaces and balances component parts and circuitry.
* Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
* Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulas to determine quality and reliability standards.
* Inspects measuring and test equipment for preventive maintenance, cleanliness and safety requirements.
* Analyzes and interprets results of measurements and calibrations using mathematical formulas and authenticate calibration certificates for measurements and calibrations and calibration correction charts.
* Devises formulas to solve problems in measurements and calibrations.
* Assists engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment.
* Perform Process Improvements and Corrective Actions.
* The lead of a group of lower level metrology technicians.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 2 years of directly related experience. In lieu, 6 years of related experience.
* PMEL graduate preferred.
* Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001:2008, Z-540.1, ISO 17025, and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
* Technical competency with linear / dimensional, pressure, mass, temperature, torque and vibration equipment including calibration and component level troubleshooting.
* Fluke Met/Team, Met/Track and Met/Cal experience a plus.
* Ability to develop, organize and complete tasks and projects using software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience with automated testing of IM&TE.