5 months ago
Location : Location
# of Openings
1 month ago(5/3/2019 4:24 PM)
We have an opportunity for a Performance Improvement Engineer to join our Fuzing & Precision Products Division. In this role, the Metrology Technician will work under general direction of the Quality Manager with limited supervision. Perform calibration of diversified precision measuring devices. Perform adjustments, modifications and repairs of complex industrial process control, electronic and dimensional equipment. Responsible for ensuring compliance to applicable Metrology specifications. Responsible for scheduling calibration of gauges in all work areas. Must have a working knowledge of customer, internal, and nationally recognized metrological procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Calibrate and repair general inspection equipment in any manufacturing or engineering area. Act as final inspector for calibration and repair work. Interface with auditors to improve and be evaluated on effectiveness of processes.
* Areas of expertise include, but not restricted to: Precise measurements by various methods of resistance, capacitance, inductance, ac and dc relationships, weight, mass, flow, volume, temperature, time, torque, pressure and the general influence/relationship of each.
* Provide feedback to Engineering concerning metrology issues. Must be knowledgeable of tolerances and their effect on measurements. Evaluate equipment for purchase and advise management technically to help in the selection.
* Evaluate historical records and trends to reduce workload while improving processes that which make the company more profitable. Work with Manufacturing, Safety, Performance Improvement (Lean), Engineering and Quality to correct deficiencies and improve process methods.
* Must be able to input data and assist in support of Metrology Management software. Duties at times will include vendor service acquisition and the generation of requisitions.
* Ability to inspect functional gages is required. May also be required to perform complex, and first article, inspections on production product.
* Advise, implement and support process changes.
Requires use of advanced trades mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas; all varieties of precision measuring instruments. Equivalent to a complete accredited apprenticeship in a recognized trade, craft or occupation; or equivalent to a 2-year technical college education. Over 5 years of experience.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).