3 months ago
We are seeking a Dimensional Metrology calibration technician experienced in inspection, measuring, and test equipment (IM&TE) calibration and repair.
* Independently tests, calibrates and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical and electronic measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards.
* Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
* Calibrates and repairs specialized Honeywell and supplier built test systems.
* Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals and other specifications.
* Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
* Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects.
* Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
* Associate's degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 2 years of directly related experience. In lieu, 6 years of related experience.
* PMEL graduate preferred.
* Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001:2008, Z-540.1 and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
* Technical competency with pressure, mass, temperature, torque and vibration equipment including calibration and component level troubleshooting.
* Fluke Met/Team, Met/Track and Met/Cal experience a plus.
* Ability to develop, organize and complete tasks and projects using software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience with automated testing of IM&TE.