· To carry out the airframe requirements of the 500FH maintenance schedule, Modification Embodiment and unscheduled maintenance, STOs and Sis on Typhoon aircraft.
· May be required to work outside normal trade boundary. Such working is subject to the requirements of the SMU Quality System.
· May be required to provide support to the RSAF Typhoon operations away from SMU.
1. Aircraft Maintenance
· Carries out scheduled airframe maintenance on RSAF Typhoon aircraft as detailed in the relevant 500FH maintenance schedules. Modification Embodiment, unscheduled maintenance, STOs and Sis. This work includes but is not limited to: disassembly, cleaning, inspection, rectification reassembly, adjustment, testing, fault diagnosis and minor structural repairs.
· Is responsible for the quality and completeness of the work he carries out, or signs for as having been carried out, on an aircraft or aircraft component.
· Provides estimated hours for non-scheduled tasks.
· Works within the requirements of the SMU Quality System and RSAF Technical Orders.
· Completes SMU forms, appropriate aircraft forms, records and maintenance documentation.
· Ensures maximum effort is made to safeguard the programme timescales in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
· Provides on the job (OJT) and theory training.
· Deputises, when required, for the Team supervisor.
2. Training and Certification
· Ensures his authorisations are current for the task in hand.
· Highlight to his immediate supervisor or SMU Training Co- originator areas of his or others inexperience or training requirements needed to complete his or their daily tasks.
3. Quality Assurance and Control
Complies with the requirements of the SMU Quality System and RSAF Technical Orders and publications.
4. Health and Safety
Ensures Health and Safety / Duty of Care policies contained in the SMU Health & Safety Policy manual are fully understood and adhered to.
· Completion of a recognised aircraft engineering trade apprenticeship.
· Qualified to NVQ/C&G Level 3 in Aircraft Maintenance or equivalent.
· Typhoon aircraft maintenance course.
· Completion of composite repair course.
· Experience in using DMS/IMS/ ESS
Experience & Skills
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in maintenance activities on military fast jet aircraft
· Current UK/ Saudi Driving Licence.
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
· Experience in airframe repair/ fabrication techniques.
· Experience of RSAF documentation and procedures.
· Familiarity with PC use and Microsoft Office suite.
Full Time/Permanent ( Rotating )
Taif, Saudi Arabia