Mechanical Technician - Proptech Aero Ltd
The company is a leading and rapidly growing aircraft propeller maintenance company with a global customer base. It operates from a brand-new building on an airfield location, providing a modern, inspiring working environment. A company-wide performance bonus, generous pension, life insurance provision and flexi-time working all add to this attractive package.
Their Operations Team is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Mechanical Technician to take on a variety of repair and overhaul tasks, with a focus on composite products..
About the Mechanical Technician role:
As their Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for propeller repair and overhaul, and will be involved in hands-on completion of MRO activities which will include elements such as:
• Perform detailed inspection of components
• Assess condition against OEM manuals and embody service information
• Perform strip and clean of products
• Perform composite repairs
• Prepare components for paint
• Assemble components & assemblies
• Carry out blade grinding and blade balancing operations
• Participate in off-site field repairs, which may include foreign travel
• Assist with regular equipment maintenance tasks
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship with an NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or an Aerospace Engineering BTEC level 3 Diploma
- Ability to read maintenance manuals, drawings, engineering layout information and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives
- Experience using precision measuring instruments
- Good writing and PC skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, write and converse fluently in the English language
- Must have permission to work in the UK
Full training will be provided for the right candidate. Some off-site training may be required, which could include foreign travel.
Sound interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience of; MRO Technician, Mechanical Engineer, MRO, Mechanical Technician, MRO Fitter, Precision Measuring instruments, Mechanic, may also be considered for the role.