5 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Systems Designers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Work for our premier client who is a leader in the industry of vehicle design. This is a great opportunity to work for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Work, and 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
The primary role of the position is to design new, modified, or improved vehicle components and subsystems to support commercial and military markets. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with heavy truck, agriculture, automotive or heavy construction product design.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design new or modified vehicle components and subsystems, including creation of layouts, diagrams, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, i.e. weight, tolerancing, etc. in support of the overall vehicle design with minimal supervision
* Create and revise drawings. Perform other engineering-related tasks as required i.e., analysis, bills of material creation, manufacturing support, layout work, and supplier contact
* Design vehicle components to meet customer requirements
* Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
* Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
* Select parts and/or design components for compliant and cost/quality-conscious design
* Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
* Associate’s Degree or equivalent
* 5-plus years of experience working with 3D parametric CAD software (CATIA V5, Pro/E, Solidworks, or Unigraphics)
* Mechanical / electrical design experience
* CATIA V5 assembly, sheet metal, and part design workbenches experience preferred
* Experience with product coordinator and tree structure management for CAD and PLM systems
* Experience with SmarTeam PDM software
* Experience with manufacturing processes such as fabricating, machining, and casting desired
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
* Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
* Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
* 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
* Wellness Program
* 27 days of vacation within 1st year
* Education Reimbursement options
* Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services places Mechanics, Engineers, veterans and technical professionals into contract and direct hire positions across the U.S. We work with some of the largest corporate names in the country, and we have hundreds of opportunities for you to explore! If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at.
Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.