4 months ago
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Req #: 218106
Location: Florham Park, NJ US
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Under direct supervision, collaborate with engineering team, and other technicians, in the build and testing of custom electrical, mechanical and RF device assemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assemble mechanical enclosures including integration of digital, power and RF circuit boards, cable harnesses and other sensitive electrical and RF components
* Work with customer platform structures for integration of mechanical hardware and cabling.
* Fabricate and post process components using rapid prototyping technologies
* Cable fabrication and rework
* Work with detailed drawings of mechanical hardware and electrical cable assemblies
* Work with lead mechanical and electrical engineers in generating and redlining LGS product build instructions / procedures
* Build test fixtures to support hardware builds and system level testing
* Assist in identifying vendors and components for mechanical and electronics designs
* Operation of rapid prototyping machines and machine shop equipment
* Work with government property personnel to provide location and quantity status of in-house government property material and equipment, for various programs
* Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
* Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
Skills and Knowledge:
* Hands-on skills in the build of prototype and production electronics enclosures, mechanical assemblies, antenna systems and customer platform hardware
* Familiar with mechanical and electrical assembly instructions
* Knowledge in reading mechanical and electrical detailed design drawings
* Knowledge in design and fabrication of test fixtures
* Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or a related area of study and a minimum of 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
* Knowledgeable in the use of solid model software, such as SolidWorks or SolidWorks edrawings to evaluate, edit and review design assembles
* Training and certification in soldering per IPC J-STD-001 is desirable
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.