Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Join our team of innovators and get a chance to work alongside a team of talented, curious people that are passionate about designing and deploying solutions that are accelerating humanity’s expansion into space.
The team in Albuquerque, NM are innovating space mechanisms, multi-payload launch adapters, structural testing, deployable composite booms, deployable space structures, R&D engineering, spacecraft thermal management components, and thermal analysis. With many more exciting projects on the horizon, our team could use your curiosity, passion, and experience to help us Build Above.
We have a current opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Intern. We’re looking for a college student who is working on a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering (Bachelor’s, or Master’s), to help participate in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs.
We will provide you with an year-round internship during which you will be performing hands-on meaningful projects aligned with our company goals and objectives. This opportunity will fully immerse you in our technology and culture for an invaluable and rewarding experience. We have a diverse environment and a team of passionate and dedicated people that enjoy sharing their knowledge.
- Currently enrolled in a nationally accredited University or College, pursuing either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the disciplines noted above. As part of our selection criteria, we will be reviewing your grades and transcripts, considering any formal training, lab work, research papers compiled, any prior work in co-ops, internships, and any related work experience.
- Have a variety of Mechanical or Aerospace Engineer classroom and practical experience where you have demonstrated your outstanding work by the results of your coursework, projects, lab work, workshops, internships, and other collegiate activities.
- Competent with 3D CAD modeling, SolidWorks preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, US citizenship or Permanent resident/Green card holder required (we do not accept visa sponsorship)
- Passionate about the space industry, have a high level of energy, a drive to work in a team/collaborative environment and a desire to excel in all aspects of your work.
- We are looking for candidates who strive for excellence in all aspects of their College or University experience as demonstrated by the results of their coursework, projects, lab work, workshops, internships, and other collegiate activities. We are also looking for candidates who are creative, resourceful, open-minded, and driven to succeed.
- Involvement in related extra circular activities/clubs a plus
- Previous internships a plus
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR