3 months ago
Summer internship involves ownership of one or more projects needed to support the maintenance and overhaul of the T56 and AE2100 gas turbine engines. Candidate must be able to independently lead a project to successful completion over the course of the employment term. Candidate will be provided a project plan, with clearly defined goals and expectations, at the beginning of the term. Candidate will have access to mentors for assistance as needed.
• Provides technical support and services in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering fields such as design, development, maintenance, and testing of machines, components, tools, systems, and equipment.
• Prepares engineering designs, drawings, and specifications for machines and components.
• Provides technical input for the development of new technologies.
• Provides technical input regarding equipment capacity, capability, and cost.
• Prepares cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports, and procurement specifications.
• Conducts tests and analysis of machines, components, and materials to determine their performance, strength, response to stress, and other characteristics.
• Designs tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures for use in manufacturing process.
• Provides technical support to production processes as assigned.
• Sets up necessary equipment and machines, and trains mechanics on correct procedures for new production operations.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Currently enrolled in, or have recently completed, a Bachelors Degree program in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering.
• Previous work experience in the aviation industry or in roles involving hands-on work with mechanical systems is a plus.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to understand, use, and communicate specialized information in speech and written text.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and decision making skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Must have US Person status, per the ITAR and the EAR requirements.