about 1 month ago
Mechanical Engineer(Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 221727
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
CACI is seeking a highly energetic Mechanical Engineer to work in the Sterling, VA area. Are you self-motivated? Do you enjoy designing mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods? If this is you join the CACI team to work in a team or individual situations on the exciting Phoenix Vision project.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
* Assist with planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
* Analyze, design, develop, and maintain products; assist in commercialization.
* Assist in identifying and organizing requirements.
* Apply usability procedures and principles at project or product-line level or through customer input.
* Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing; set up and run laboratory simulations.
* Design testing procedures and coordinate testing.
* Conduct tests, document results, and develop client presentation.
* Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, codes, and other artifacts.
* Evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate development plans.
* Train and support clients and field representatives.
* Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
* Contribute to design standards and support design reuse.
* Author technical reports, papers, articles, presentations, and patents.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Security Clearance: TS/SCI required.
* BS degree in mechanical engineering (ABET/EAC Accredited).
* 7+ Years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering and design
* Proficient using CAD software (SolidWorks, ProEngineer, AutoCAD, etc.) and Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of drafting/drawing standards (ANSI, DOD, MIL)
* Generate mechanical drawings for use in sheet metal and machining operations.
* Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and products.
* Draws finished designs from sketches utilizing solid models and layouts.
* Must be mechanically inclined.
* Interpersonal skills required to work with others and communicate effectively.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Hands-on fabrication and assembly experience.
* Experience with machine shop operations and manufacturing process.
* Ability to work under pressure for quick-reaction projects.
* Knowledge of mechanical standards for materials & fasteners.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to conceive & propose solutions to complex mechanical design problems.
* Must be organized.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience using SolidWorks PDM and SolidWorks Add-Ins (Simulation, FloWorks, etc.)
* Designing RF and electronic enclosures
* MIL-STD-810 product design and testing
* Designing Air-borne systems
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.