3 months ago
Mechanical Engineer -Navy Flight Test Experiment
Job ID: 460707BR Date posted: Dec. 07, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: FBM-RP-ORGANIC
Description:The Successful candidate will work closely with engineers, manufacturing and technical management and will be responsible for providing the integration, design and technical solutions for Navy flight test experiment products, including payload structures, thermal products and integration of mechanical, electrical and RF components. The candidate will be responsible for engineering documentation, drawing/CAD maintenance and verification, assembly and test support, manufacturing and test anomaly/discrepancy resolution support, and support of cross-discipline product development. Specific tasks and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Independently develops and provides mechanical design solutions, of varying complexity, using solid models, detailed drawings, and release of engineering work products.
- Independently reviews requirements, from various sources (instrumentation, dynamics, stress, systems, thermal, manufacturing, etc.), to ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into the detailed design of assigned products.
- Supports collaboration with program leadership, analysts, subject matter experts, peers, configuration management, and manufacturing, to ensure program requirements and schedules are met.
- Contributes to the completion of Program milestones by the release of accurate, error-free, affordable and producible engineering designs.
- Supports Production meetings and manufacturing & test anomaly/discrepancy resolution.
Position does require the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related field, or Master of Science Degree
- General understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including structures, mechanisms, materials and analysis
- Proficient with CAD modeling, drafting and release and working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 including GD&T and tolerance stack up analyses
- Demonstrated Mechanical design, drafting and modeling techniques.
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes including documentation, machining, welding, heat treatment, surface treatment and assembly
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with adjacent disciplines (systems engineering, electronics, stress/thermal analysis, configuration management, production, test, quality…)
- Familiar with deriving & developing requirements from Proposal documents or Work Authorizations
- Ability to own technical challenges through solution
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and customers, simultaneously and independently
- Experience with PTC/Creo and Windchill/EPDM
- Passion for developing/deploying process improvements and new technologies to improve product performance and reduce cost
- Familiar with supporting proposal efforts and/or generation of Basis of Estimates (BOE’s)
- Additive Manufacturing experience
- Familiar with Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Familiarity with ESD principles & controls
- Experience with flight hardware design
- Model Based Engineering experience (using CAD model as record of authority…)
- Hands-on hardware experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Mechanical Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First