11 months ago
The Mechanical Engineer Intern works in a cooperative team environment with other mechanical engineers. His/her main task is the in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of the final Enovia2016 and SolidWorks2017 integration as well as assisting the mechanical engineering team with the integration and the training of other departments.
* -Reports to the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
* -Work with the mechanical engineering team with 3D designs and 2D drawings on company products.
* -Create document and test procedures to check-in and check-out 3D models and 2D drawings from Solidworks from/to Enovia.
* -Perform functional tests of the Enovia2016 and SolidWorks2017 integration.
* -Generate problem reports and work with lead mechanical engineer and Enovia coordinator to rectify the issues
* -Develop best practices and create associated work instructions. Provide department trainings.
* -Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* -Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements.
* -To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* -Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* -Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipments).
* - Current Engineering student in an accredited Four (4) year program.
* - Mechanical Engineering or Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline student with 2 years completed preferred.
* - Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
* - Experience with 3D modeling and 2D drawings (Solidworks or Catia or Pro/E or AutoCAD or other CAD tools)
* - Basic experience with Enovia or other Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools would be a plus. Candidate without PLM experience will be trained.
* - Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Points.
* - Good documentation and communication skills
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.