9 months ago
Mechanical Engineer III
L-3 SSG has an opportunity for a mid-level Mechanical Engineer to join our talented engineering organization. Mechanical Engineers are key members of multi-disciplined teams, possessing expert understanding of aerospace mechanical engineering technology and payload architectures for spacecraft sub-systems and instruments.
The scope of the position requires a proven track-record with a range of responsibilities including spacecraft requirements flow-down, conceptual trades, design & analysis, and integration & test of payload level sensor systems for the aerospace and commercial community. Mechanical Engineer 3 are responsible for performing engineering analysis and evaluation efforts of complex opto-mechanical systems, developing alternative designs to satisfy mission level requirements, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification & validation, and developing plans to manufacture and test payload sensor systems. Mentoring and leading mechanical teams of junior engineers and designers is often required as well as supporting new business opportunities.
* A BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
* 5 plus years of experience in developing precision sensor systems for aerospace & military defense applications is required
* Experience in system level hardware design & development, mechanical and structural analysis, payload level integration & test, and risk mitigation for space-based environments.
* Opto-Mechanical hardware design experience utilizing structured engineering process from requirement definition through design, development, and testing.
* Expert mechanical analysis background including tolerancing, thermal, structural (modal, stress, deflection)
* Aerospace mechanisms experience highly desired
* Experience as a lead engineer or project engineer is a plus.
* Experience with payload interfaces to spacecraft and tactical host platforms is a plus
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
* The ability to satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI (SSBI).
L-3 SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
U.S. Citizenship status required.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade T03 or T02 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
L-3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L-3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote E-O sensing payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Primary airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Division - SSG-20000054
Dec 11, 2018, 4:56:12 PM