8 months ago
SNC is a trusted leader in solving the world’s toughest challenges through advanced engineering technologies in Space Systems, Commercial Solutions, and Defense and National Security.
Recognized as one of the world’s top ten most innovative companies, SNC delivers tailored solutions to government and commercial customers in space, aviation, cyber, electronics and systems integration—including applications in telemedicine, navigation and guidance systems, threat detection and security, and infrastructure protection.
Our drive to innovate for impact has fueled SNC’s steady expansion from our headquarters in Nevada to 34 locations around the globe. SNC is a team of 3,000 people—from scientists and cybersecurity experts to software engineers and former military leaders—united in support of our customers’ needs. Today, we are shaping the trajectory of space travel. Tomorrow, our technology could be redefining the standard for emergency care to service personnel on the battlefield.
At SNC, the sky is not the limit.
At SNC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to meeting our customers’ needs by developing innovative technological solutions in a rapid and agile production environment. For our employees, SNC strives to cultivate professional growth at every career stage. We believe in positive attitudes, team-play, purpose, fire-in-the-belly passion, work-life balance, collaboration, humility, persistence, discipline and trust as accelerators of productivity and fulfillment.
* Customer Focus
* People Matter
* Quality Products & Services
* Agility, Innovation and Scalability
* Defined and Continuously Improved Processes
Recognition & Awards
* World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space, Fast Company
* America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, Inc.
* Aerospace Company of the Year
* Tier 1 Superior Supplier for U.S. Air Force
* Fastest Growing Women-Owned Company in North America
What You’ll Do
As a Mechanical Engineer III you will play a key role in delivering superior results to our clients while working in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
* Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions as well as specific customer requirements
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic internal and external design reviews
* Ensure conformance of products with internal and external design and performance specifications
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
* Estimate costs and submit bids for Engineering
* Responsible for the design and development of electro-mechanical mechanisms from concept through fabrication, assembly, and test
* Assist in preparation of Manufacturing and Test plans/procedures
* Interact with Manufacturing and Test supporting the fabrication and validation of hardware
* Review and approve detail part and assembly drawings
* Material selection and review per Military and NASA standards
* Ability to perform or oversee:
* Mechanical stress analysis (including bearings, gears, and component stresses)
* Thermal analysis
* Reliability analysis of mechanical parts
* Lubrication analysis
* Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) for mechanical parts
* Test planning and generation of test procedures
* Failure investigation (Fault Tree, Fishbone, Root Cause and Corrective Action)
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Perform other duties as required by Program Manager or more senior engineer(s)
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC policies, procedures and compliance regulations (internal and external
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel related activities such as Timesheet completion
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* 6+ years minimum experience in new product design and manufacturing environment (Aerospace preferred)
* BS in Related Field.
* Experience with Electro-Mechanical products (Actuators, motors, position sensors, gears, bearings, precision machined components)
* Experience with 3D design/drafting package (SolidWorks Preferred)
* Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software (Windchill Preferred)
* Component level Finite Element Modeling experience
* Ability to create/revise technical documents
* Ability to perform basic mechanical stress analyses
* Familiarity with ASME Y14.100 Drawing Practices and ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
* Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated individual capable of multi-tasking
* Ability to travel occasionally
* Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States and maintain a security clearance.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Discover how you can help SNC Innovate for Impact…
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.