8 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
The Propulsion Designer owns the development of Propulsion related hardware through the product life cycle such as drawing generation and release, parts procurement, assembly, integration and test to support propulsion system development. This individual must have a strong working knowledge in combustion, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid system design (pneumatic and liquid systems), and experience in subsystem layout, interface control documentation and requirements definition. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the design, development, test, and evaluation of propulsion subsystems, analysis in support of design, and working knowledge of vehicle level integration. Experience in liquid rocket engines, thrusters, and hybrid rocket motors is highly desirable.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Assist in design and development of space-related hardware
* Implement propulsion subsystem design
* Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
* Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information
* Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
* Ensure conformance of products with Engineering design and performance specifications
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
* Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Ability to travel occasionally required
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field; MS preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in the aerospace, or closely related, industry.
* Experience in NX, Solidworks, or other related CAD systems is required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping, testing, and fielding of capabilities
* Existing security clearance highly desirable
* Experience in liquid rocket engines, thrusters, and hybrid rocket motors is highly desirable.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.