3 months ago
Mechanical Engineer - Head Up Guidance Systems
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 06/11/City Wilsonville
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HOR32: Wilsonville, OR 27300 SW Parkway , Wilsonville, OR, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Are you a self-motivated, creative thinking problem solver, eager to take on new challenges? Our team is looking for confident and passionate engineers to help us create products that solve complex problems and make people’s lives safer.
The HGS Mechanical engineering team is responsible for all mechanical engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test, certification and installation of aerospace head-up display and guidance products. This position requires knowledge of engineering theory and principles to determine packaging solutions for electronic, electromechanical and optical designs. Our engineers are responsible for ensuring products are safe and comply with aviation standards.
* Design, analyze, test and document hardware under guidance of more senior engineers
* Perform under a process oriented development system
* Perform under the direction of team leaders and work closely with other engineering disciplines to complete designs that meet documented hardware requirements
* Contribute to schedule creation and ensure schedule commitments are met
* Create and present program and/or task status presentations to team members
* Create and present clear and concise technical descriptions to team members
* Participate in design and document reviews
* Contribute to investigations for open ended complex problems
* Create designs to optimize weight, volume, cost and manufacturability while meeting structural, thermal and other environmental and functional requirements
* Work with drafting team members on technical content for drawing creation
* This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline (preferably Mechanical Engineering) and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
* US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required
* 2-3 Experience in mechanical engineering design and development
* Knowledge of engineering materials and processes
* Knowledge of basic stress and strain theory and thermal management design
* Experience in a 3D CAD solid modeling software package (SolidWorks and/or UG NX preferred)
* Knowledge of tolerance analysis and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles
* Technical, analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Additional skills or experience a plus:
* Packaging of electronic and/or optical systems
* Robust precision mechanisms
* Environmentally sealed optical and/or electrical enclosures
* Design of manufacturing, calibration and test support equipment
* Aluminum fabrication techniques including: machining & investment casting
* Experience with FEA software package (ANSYS preferred)
* Experience in avionics or aerospace industry
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.