2 months ago
Location: FVS Austin (0090) Austin , Texas 78758 , United States (US)
FlightSafety’s state-of-the-art Visual Systems and Displays are recognized around the world for offering the highest quality, value and industry-leading innovative technologies.
We are looking for experienced, creative, self-motivated individuals who want to make a difference by applying their skills and learning new ones as part of a dynamic team. So if you’re ready for a rewarding career opportunity and are intrigued by the thought of joining a world leader and pioneer in the development, application, service and support of flight simulation displays - you owe it to yourself to talk to us.
The Mechanical Engineering Team researches, develops, analyzes and documents mechanical designs necessary for the production of optical display systems, and customer support. We work in aluminum, honeycomb and other composites to produce structures to realize the visual system elements of various flight simulators.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or highly related scientific/technical field from an accredited four-year college or university. Optical design knowledge considered a plus.
A strong working knowledge of 3D CAD solid modeling design software, preferably SolidWorks; solid modeling electronic configuration control management software (CDM / PLM) required, preferably SolidWorks PDM; and knowledge of typical Microsoft Office suite of software.
Ability to work with a high degree of creativity and latitude
* Creates conceptual and detail 3D mechanical designs and completes associated detailed drawings and documentation.
* Analyzes project requirements and provides estimates of design effort to management.
* Analyzes designs/components using scientific methods and computer tools to predict performance against stated requirements including basic structural analysis.
* Develop, present and participate in design reviews
* Specify, select, and integrate vendor components
* Lead and coordinate the integration/validation of assigned prototypes, components/assemblies
* Facilitate internal and external fabrication tooling requirements
* Travels to customer sites in support of site surveys, design reviews and field installations to provide on-site technical direction
* Initiate and participate in team processes to improve objectives
* Estimate project resources, dollars and man-hours
* Provides status of assignments through documented methods, noting progress and technical/schedule risks associated with projects
* Consults with other engineering staff to evaluate hardware/software and mechanical/electrical interfaces ensuring operational performance of overall system
What We Offer
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. We offer company provided:
* Basic Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off
* Short Term Disability
* Travel Accident Insurance
* 401K Match / Immediately Vested
* Tuition Assistance
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Pre-paid Legal
* Long Term Disability
* Personal Accident
* Supplemental Life
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Austin