about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10571
Location: US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: AHV - Measurement & Power Systems
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 5
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leading manufacturer of advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide.
• Electromechanical – a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects technical motors and systems, and electric motors for floor care and other specialty applications.
Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
Ametek Aerospace & Defense is looking for a highly collaborative problem-solver with a natural curiosity about mechanical devices to join us as a Mechanical Engineer in our Wilmington, MA facility. This position will specialize in the development of aerospace components with a specialty in pressure products. We are seeking a self-starter with mechanical design engineering experience in a manufacturing environment who possesses excellent technical and project management capabilities. The ideal candidate will have previous experience designing pressure sensor products in SolidWorks. This individual will join a global, multi-site business unit that designs and manufactures highly engineered sensors and fluid management systems for aerospace applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Position is for a success-oriented individual with demonstrated experience in the design, manufacture, test & certification of electromechanical sensing devices such as pressure sensors, liquid level sensors, temperature and flow sensors, and fuel gauging products.
• Responsible for integrating design for six sigma, reliability & manufacturability into each product design while achieving customer objectives of performance and schedule.
• Will also develop new technologies to sustain competitive advantage, as well as working within a mutli-disciplined team environment.
• Must have a strong blend of technical, project & positive customer relationship building experience.
• Requires exceptional written, verbal & interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated strong use of analytical skills, including FEA.
DIRECT REPORTS: none
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering is a plus
• SolidWorks certification is a plus
• 3+ years designing electromechanical sensing devices in a regulated industry, such as aerospace, defense, automotive or medical industries
• Proficiency in SolidWorks strongly preferred but will consider proficiency with ProEngineer
• Proficiency with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
• Knowledge and understanding of aerospace components is a plus
• Proficiency in SolidWorks version 2010 or later
• Expertise in designing for a severe vibration and thermal environment
• Knowledge of Cosmos/Simulation Finite Element Analysis a plus
• Open to continuous change with the ability to learn new skills
• Proven hands-on capability in the workplace
• Self-motivated, self-starter, strong work ethic, self-advocate
• Able to function (often simultaneously) as an individual contributor, a team member, and a leader supporting various activities
• Organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
• Highly collaborative individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skills and team player attitude
• Well-developed problem-solving skills and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines while remaining flexible on changing work priorities
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel in addition to SmarTeam and SolidWorks
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, candidates must be either US Citizens or Greencard holders
• No phone calls, please
Please submit resume and salary requirements. Resumes that do not include salary information will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.