5 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Designers (Paint Schemes) in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin on behalf of Harley Davidson Motorcycles.
This is a long term contract position working on new product development for one of the most recognized companies in the world. STS is the exclusive provider of contingent engineering resources for our client and we are seeking candidates with the following experience:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Apply sound design practices to all design projects.
* Use appropriate tools for product designs, and identify opportunities for the acquisition of new design tools.
* Generate accurate CAD models and engineering drawings.
* Generate new concepts that may apply to product specifications.
* Provide accurate and timely submissions of CAD information to EDS.
* Create documentation supporting product development, including product renderings, assembly documentation, and tolerance studies.
* Delivers designs to the appropriate quality, cost and timing objectives.
* Provide input to timelines of proposed products to meet project and OE Engineering goals.
* Experienced in designing for multiple manufacturing processes
* High degree of skill using Creo or Pro/E including large assemblies
* Designed components / assemblies using casted / stamped metal, forged metal, injection molding, and sheet metal
* Experience with GD&T
* Managed large assembly design
* Designed working assemblies
* Understands tolerances and stack-ups
* Not really any “new design” this job is more focused in manipulations of existing drawings, ECNs, and dealing with paint schemes
* Lots of documentation / PLM work involved
* Ideally Windchill / SAP experience
* Strong skills in MS Excel and BOM structures
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reach out to Billy Cook, On-Site Program Manager at Harley-Davidson Inc., at. Otherwise, we encourage all qualified applicants to apply directly on this page.