6 months ago
Be a part of an innovative Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) design team in a World class engineering company.
You will be responsible for designing mechanical assemblies within the integration team to build an APU System designed by several Partners and suppliers. There will be an expectation to meet stringent cost & quality requirements. This team requires innovative and creative thinkers to differentiate the product from our competitors and create value for the customer.
Your main duties will include:
Mechanical integration of subsystems on an APU (gas turbine):
* - Create interface drawings for subsystems And mechanical components
* - Creation and management of a Computer Aided Design (CAD) mock-up, including building the bill of materials of the APU system.
* - Management of mechanical interfaces between subsystems/equipment designed by several partners/suppliers.
* - Mechanical Design and Analysis to support and assist the Manufacturing team including optimization of the APU system assembly, using « 3D Human body » simulation tools.
* - Ensure technical consistency of design (datums, architecture and cuttaway, interfaces, updates).
* - Monitor and track the weight, CoG and moment of inertia calculations with Suppliers/partners.
* - Conduct tolerance stackup studies (hot/cold). Manage stackup of final engine assembly.
Mechanical Integration of an APU system in the aircraft:
* - Optimization of the installation design in the aircraft.
* - Facilitating installation of the APU System by building a CAD Mock-up & Drawings for the customer and uploading to customer CAD system.
* - Management of the physical stack-ups between the aircraft and APU System.
* - Mechanical Design and Analysis to support and assist the Maintainability/Supportability team (Dismantled LRU Mock-Up, Accessibility Analysis, 3D dimensions on interface models/drawings).
* - Develop and optimize the CAD tools and associated design processes (CATIA V5, V6 and 3DExperience)
* - Act as lead CAD administrator for all CATIA files.
* - Work with Engineering Data Manager for Product Lifecycle managment of all design data.
* - Management of the physical stack-up tool.
* - Associates degree in Mechanical Design / CAD.
* - At least 3 years experience in mechanical design and CAD management.
* - A designer with strong experience in mechanical design and drafting.
* - Experience in an aeronautical design office.
* - Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances
* - Strong experience using CAD tools Catia V5/V6. Experience in 3DX tools and use of 3D dimensioning are desirable.
* - Strong design-basis practices, required for this integration position.
* - Excellent ability to work in a small team environment.
* - Excellent communication skills (position requires strong relationships with customers, partners and parent company technical teams. This may involve conducting technical exchanges when required).
* - Ability to perform basic mechanical design calculations.
* - Ability to put forth ideas, analyse and synthesize large amounts of complex information.
* - Be proactive in sharing options
* - Strong attention to detail and precision are necessary.
* - Desire to improve process and use innovative 3D visualization tools. Experience in this area is desirable.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.