8 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer II/III
CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
CDG is starting up a growing team to focus on the reverse engineering and design of aircraft components. CDG is looking for design engineers with a proven understanding of the Boeing release system to join this team. This faced paced team and it is a great way for developing engineers to get experience on many design programs in a short amount of time as well as long term career development. This is a great opportunity to quickly gain DE Lead and DAE designation. Most components will involve sheet-metal parts, injection-molded parts, hydraulic pumps, latches, hinges and other interior components of varying complexity. This position is located in our Long Beach, CA office. No relocation provided.
Degree in engineering classification or equivalent years of experience. Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree preferred.
• Engineer II - Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years relevant experience
• Engineer III - Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years relevant experience
• Candidate must possess three years of experience working in the Boeing design system, including CATIA V5, ENOVIA and PDM
• Product engineering experience encompassing components of the entire life cycle – concept to release and delivery – preferred
• DE Signature authority a plus
• Experience with QMAP drawing release process a plus
• Experience with reverse engineering a plus
• Experience with PMA or other aircraft component certification a plus
• Stress analysis, strength/structural analysis and physical testing experience a plus
• Experience working with international teams a plus
• Meet assigned schedules and deadlines.
• Meet production and quality standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Participate in the reverse engineering, design, release and certification of mechanical components and assemblies
• Review designs for accuracy, functionality and manufacturability
• Knowledge of aircraft structure, materials, strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions and processes (e.g. non-destructive testing, corrosion prevention, fatigue)
• Provide technical solutions for a wide range of tasks. Work independently to analyze, interpret, and translate source data into the product.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Demonstrated understanding of general mechanical design principles, including design for manufacturing (DFM) and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
• General understanding of aerospace material properties, including metals and plastics. Knowledge of composite materials is a plus
• Ability to define and document processes as required
• Proven reasoning, analytical abilities and mechanical aptitude.
CDG, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.