6 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer II
Full Time - Direct
Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and "HAECO Americas" standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved.
2. Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems in support of design work.
3. Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications and components.
4. Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
5. Check the design data produced by less experienced Design Engineers.
6. Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
7. Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
8. Interface with the Substantiation group and ODA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
9. Support various design review meetings with customers.
10. Provide technical support to HAECO Manufacturing during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed designs.
11. Provide support during installation of modifications at remote locations.
12. Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and customer interface.
13. Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
14. Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO internal policies and procedures.
15. Support, in a professional manner, customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO technical & commercial interests.
16. Must be able to work on complex design tasks with limited assistance.
1. BS Degree in Engineering or related scientific field, or equivalent combination of experience and coursework.
2. Three (3) years industry experience in engineering field, preferably dealing in the design of modifications to transport category aircraft.
3. Minimum two (2) years experience utilizing Solidworks (or comparable CAD program) with demonstrable proficiency.
4. Must possess some knowledge of FAA regulations, certification processes and related requirements.
5. Must possess knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper application in design.
6. Must possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D-computer modeling, and other analytical substantiation techniques.
7. Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office.
8. Must have knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM’s, MM’s, SB’s, IPC’s, WD’s, etc.
9. Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
1. 3D Electrical Harness Routing Experience