about 1 month ago
Modify and Repair Aircraft Systems and Structures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
* Complete structural modifications to helicopters
* Install medical support systems into helicopters
* Install avionics systems and STC kits into helicopters
* Accomplish airframe structural repairs
* Fabricate detail sheet metal parts from blueprints
* Develop custom installations for medical and avionics equipment
* Maintain shop equipment and areas
* Perform Air Methods AAIP Inspections & MFG Inspection Program Tasks
* Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
* Regular scheduled attendance
* Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 1%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years’ related aircraft sheet metal repair and modification experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous experience using precision measuring equipment
* Previous experience in use of sheet metal related shop equipment
* Proficient in using manufacturer’s maintenance manuals
* Ability to read and interpreting blue prints
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* FAA Airframe Mechanic certification preferred
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.