To service and maintain all Ground Service Equipment (GSE) ensuring Swissport departments and other Swissport business units are continually supported with safe and reliable GSE that meets all local and CAA regulations (CAP-790).
- Operate and drive all types of GSE – motorised and non motorised
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance as per established schedules on all GSE
- Respond to out of hours maintenance requests on all GSE
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of GSE faults as required
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment in accordance with Swissport GSE branding policies
- Remove or make safe unserviceable GSE and ensure GSE is not returned to service until any faults have been properly diagnosed and repaired
- Respond to emergency service calls and accidents involving GSE
- Collect spares and materials required for GSE maintenance and repairs
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment in accordance with PUWER Regulations
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to rigorously enforcing appropriate standards of Health and Safety, in order to ensure performance improves year on year
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with airline, airport, CAA and Swissport requirements
- Comply with all airport authority, CAA and airline security requirements
- Keep GSE workshop and equipment clean and serviceable at all times, reporting any deficiencies to management
- Fuel/de-fuel GSE as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements
- Liaise with Operational Management, customers and staff in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) skills and experience are desired
- A good level of mechanical/electrical engineering experience as required
- An accredited qualification in the functional area advertised is required
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to be available on-call on a rotating shift basis
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow Swissport processes and procedures
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full valid UK driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- At least 2 years experience in HGV/Heavy Plant/Construction equipment
- Knowledge of computer maintenance programs, e.g. Maximo/IMS-Fleet Maintenance Pro is desired
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel when necessary for training or to assist other Swissport stations with GSE needs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.