3 months ago
StandardAero's Augusta facility is hiring an A & P Mechanic, an individual who will be responsible for analyzing a variety of mechanical problems and determining the cause and best method of repair. Because of the interaction with customers and employers, it is vital you have good interpersonal and verbal skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft.
• Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals, then performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
• Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks). Reinstalls and tests components after completed inspection.
• Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
• Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required.
• Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License is required.
• Learjet, Hawker, Falcon Jet, Astra, Challenger or Citation experience preferred.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted; stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances; bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access.
• Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather.