8 months ago
* Performs dismantling and assembly of complete engines, modules, components and assemblies in accordance with all customer, regulatory, and company requirements using hand or power tools.
* Sets up and operates a variety of hand tools such as hammers, files, dremels, vibro-peen tools, drills, presses, low temperature ovens, pullers and hand grinders to perform various operations such as blending, chasing threads, deburring, angle checking, coldworking metals, masking, and braze application.
* Fits and assembles machined metal parts and sub-assemblies using hand and power tools.
* Manually aligns components for assembly and bolts, screws, dowels or rivets complex series of parts together.
* Troubleshoots to identify problems and adjusts and repairs products according to specifications and established procedures.
* Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to identify product discrepancies and deficiencies.
* Interprets technical standards, drawings, specifications, and other relevant documentation using mechanical precision measuring tools and instruments as required; verifies the conformance of parts to manuals and blueprints with respect to measurements.
* Uses machines, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, plant equipment and consumables necessary to carry out the required tasks.
* Checks for serviceability, conformity documentation completeness and compatibility to applicable standards.
* Replaces defective parts and reassembles units ensuring conformance with applicable Transport Canada regulations and manufacturer's specifications.
* Maintains detailed repair and certification records and reports of work performed.
* Assures that only airworthy equipment is available for the safe and timely completion of customer's engines, modules, components and assemblies.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License with minimum of 3 years experience as an A&P Mechanic required.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics, graphs, blueprints, and other technical information.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
* High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
* Extensive product knowledge of respective business segment.
* Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, overhaul manuals, and original equipment manufacturer's manuals.
* Specialized training in engineering or aircraft maintenance (AME, CAMC, A & P, AMT); or equivalent.
* Experience as an aircraft mechanic in an aerospace environment.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.