6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
* Major and minor assembly of landing gear components, assemblies and sub-assemblies, assisted as requires
* Ensure all required assembly tasks are completed in compliance with federal regulations, customer guidelines, and company policies Interface with stakeholders (i.e. engineering, planning, inspection and customer) in a professional manner Adhere to predetermined shelf life procedures
* Comply with hazardous material disposal procedures Understand and model safe work procedures
* Responsible for understanding, interpreting and training employees on the procedures as outlined in work instructions
* Champion implementation of Continuous Improvement methodologies to reduce cost, improve quality and ensure on-time delivery
* Deploy use of lean manufacturing May require off-site work at a customer facility which may require the work to be performed outdoors
* May require off-shift work
* Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the EHS policy, procedures and management system.
* Comply with all EH&S policies and procedures.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* Minimum of one year of mechanical assembly experience
* Must be able to read and interpret manufacturing blueprints and other pertinent documents used for assembly of landing gear (i.e. mfg. specifications, quality documentation etc.)
* Ability to communicate with all levels
* Assembler must be able to work with precision tools and large mechanical equipment
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At this time, UTC Aerospace Systems will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
* High School Diploma or GED
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.