Line Up Aviation
is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. Role: Mechanical Technician/Fitter Pay
: £17.50ph Contract:
Monday- Friday, 36 hours a week, Contract Location:
RAF Valley. Role:-
To assist in the production of Hawk aircraft to meet the daily flying task. This will include working in both Flight Line and Hangar environments. Employees may be asked to work over-time to ensure there are sufficient aircraft to meet the task. The Hawk contract requires employees to support planned detachments and aircraft recovery activities as and when requested.
To carry out as directed trade tasks pertinent with the maintenance, rectification and preparation of Aircraft to meet the allocated daily task at first line. Tasks are to be supervised and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying programme without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be passed directly to trade supervisor. Main activities of role: -
Individual Technicians will be employed on a day-to-day basis and will provide much needed flexibility by operating in support of the flying task during the heaviest periods of flying. They will also be available to undertake OOP maintenance tasks during turnrounds and to assist aircrew with crew-in rectification. The actions and decisions taken shall be limited to those actions authorised as governed by trade, experience and competence.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Carry out all authority level B tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria- subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority
- Fulfil the limitations imposed as defined in the SQEP for this grade.
- Carry out first signature responsibilities
- Sign 1st signature for tasked work within trade boundary ( Where authorised)
- Carry out all authority level D tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority EFO Operator to meet exceptional requirements
- Carry out self-supervised maintenance activities within own trade (where authorised)
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience.
- Ensure that the work areas are kept clean and FOD free.
- Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by our clients Policy
- Staff may be required to carry out additional tasks as directed
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
- Enter cockpit of Hawk aircraft having shown by examination that he/she can recognise the approved position of AAES safety devices
- Composite Flight Servicing.
- Charging of gas systems
- Undertake engine operator duties ( within propulsion trade boundries after training)
To be a successful applicant you will need to demonstrate the following;
- Current Human Factors Certification, valid for 2 years
- EWIS 3, 4,&5, valid for 1 year
- 2 years industry experience
- Hands on Hawk experience
- Will be required to undergo DBS and BPSS checks
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”