7 days ago
Job Description - Mech O/H Test Technician (29913)
Mech O/H Test Technician - 29913
The Overhaul/Test Technician-B position is responsible for overhauling or repairing and testing electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic accessories (products) at various stages of the repair and overhaul process to determine whether the accessory (products) meets specifications relating to quality, workmanship, dimensions, functionality and performance. Steps in overhauling/repairing include disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, reassembling and testing the unit. The Technician-B will use CMM’s, drawings, engineering prints or other approved technical data to accomplish this task. The Overhaul/Test Technician-B will use professional judgment based on their knowledge and experience to qualify components inside the accessory. This component may be critical for the functionality of the end product (accessory).
The key to successfully achieve the goals of this position is to assure precise conformance to specifications, workmanship standards, material condition, codes and customer specifications. This also includes final assembly and documentation. This is a safety sensitive position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES FOR THIS JOB
* Disassemble, clean, inspect, evaluate, reassemble and test all units that we overhaul and or repair in our repair station.
* Perform the required set up to test units.
* Sketch, make, build and/or improvise set ups to test all different varieties of mechanical and electrical devices.
* Keep accurate records through proper documentation of all measurements according to the CMM or relevant technical data. The “B” technician helps to develop such records for the recording of measurement and or test results.
* Familiarize themselves with the Repair Station/Quality Control Manual and Ontic’s AS9100 Quality System.
* Write evaluation reports for each unit. Enter information about the history of the unit into our database system (Findings report).
* The Technician “B” will do in-process inspections as the work order progresses.
* Keep all documents up to date within the work order packages during the work process.
* Continuously think of ways to improve work processes.
* Maintain open communication with internal customers at all times.
* The Technician-B must be able to impart knowledge to junior technicians clearly and thoroughly.
* Maintain accurate records
* Maintain good attendance record
* Respect fellow employees
* Adhere to all company policies and government regulations
* Continuous Improvement
* On-time throughput
* Follow directions
* Maintain a clean and organized safe work area
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: General knowledge equivalent to high school education.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: The Overhaul/Test Technician-B must have at least 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry preferably in the fields of electromechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic component overhaul. The individual must be familiar with CFR 145 and EASA 145. Individual must know how to read, comprehend and understand engineering prints, specifications, overhaul or component maintenance manuals, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic schematics. They must be knowledgeable with the use of mechanical and electronic measuring instruments and equipment such as: calipers, height gages, depth indicators, micrometers, power supplies, multimeters, pressure gages, flow meters, etc. The Technician-B needs to have some basic knowledge of office software (Word, excel, etc).
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
* FINGER DEXTERITY: Hand eye coordination, ability to operate shop equipment
* VISUAL ABILITIES: Must be able to identify colors and read minimum of 8-point font
* PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Able to lift 50 lbs.
The key physical requirement of this position include regular attendance, 50%-80% walking or standing in production areas, some sitting, pushing, reaching overhead, and bending to the floor.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
* REASONING ABILITY: Must be organized, able to keep good records provide feedback in an organized manner. Ability to follow instructions, work with minimal supervision, stay on task; ask the right questions, communicate with appropriate personnel, and formulate information in a logical manner and follow through to produce results.
* MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to use all applicable shop math such as; adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing both whole and decimal numbers.
* LANGUAGE ABILITY: Must be able to read, write and understand English.
Job: Operations / Maintenance
Primary Location: United States-California-CHATSWORTH-Chatsworth California
Organization: Aftermarket Services