Materials/ Logistics Manager
Permanent Position in the Middle East - Relocation Required
Safe Family Suitable Location
Full Ex-Pat Package
Overall Role Purpose
To efficiently manage the total logistics and stores functions including pricing, purchasing, ordering, and arranging repair of aircraft rotables, consumables and expendables while leading a department responsible for the acquisition, storage and distribution of spare parts and tooling used in the maintenance of aircraft and facilities for client and supporting Third Party Wet Lease Operators
Scope of Role
Specific Role Challenges
The Logistics Manager has a dual function:
First is approving the purchase of all spares/materials, from approved sources, required for the maintenance of aircraft and equipment responsible for the Network, Charter and USPS contracted operations.
The Second is to manage the complete facilities including main hanger and offices, bulk store area, and third party wet lease facility.
Customer - Internal
- To ensure that Airline, Wet lease Operators and all associated internal departments are provided with logistics support
Customer - External
- To avoid prolonged aircraft on ground situations by ensuring timely supply of parts and material to the owned airline and support providing Wet Lease Operators for major customer uplift of documents and parcels within the EEMEA region
Stakeholder - Internal
- Provide input towards the annual budget as requested by the Technical Director and finance, including Capex / investments, shipping costs and local costs.
- Ensure accounting and financial standards and procedures are met and that proper control mechanisms are in place in conjunction with local finance department
- Ensure financial reporting is complete and accurate and reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure invoices from third party suppliers and other entities are received, checked for accuracy, approved for payment for local Finance are within local delegation guidelines and paid in a timely way and followed up if required
- Ensure that procedures and standards are per internal Quality Department controlled company procedures and within applicable aviation regulations
- Reports generated on a monthly basis on activity within the Logistics Department
Stakeholder - External
- Achieve and maintain compliance of all AVI activities and responsibility with the applicable company procedures in accordance with QA, regulatory rules as per aviation regulations and legislations
- Ensure that third party operator's activity is followed up and managed according to standards, procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors, other aviation entities logistics departments daily regarding purchasing, repair, shipping of aircraft parts components materials and tooling
- Choosing the most cost efficient and beneficial option in order to ensure optimum operation while minimizing cost and in full compliance with procedures and regulations
- To oversee Departmental Airline; Purchases, Repairs, Warranty claims, Shipping, Receiving is maintained in cost control and within a set quality standard and in compliance with applicable regulations, and to further ensure that this entity operates efficiently and details of any issues affecting service standards are properly communicated to the appropriate parties.
- To ensure that all supplies received are accompanied by the correct and adequate documentation and for Quality Department to authorise certification for use on company aircraft or components thereof
- Approving the purchase of all spares/materials, from approved sources, required for the maintenance of aircraft and equipment. All approvals must be authorised by the Technical Director for all purchases other than normal purchases to maintain approved minimum/maximum stock levels
- A system of shelf-life control is initiated and maintained to ensure reliability and serviceability of stock items
- Ensuring that all goods received in the Stores are checked to establish that they are in good condition, that the quantities invoiced match that ordered and received, and are inspected and serviceable parts tags are completed and signed before placing in the properly allocated bin location
- To promote the achievement of those goals and objectives lay down in the formal Safety and Quality policy statement signed by the Accountable Manager. This responsibility will be discharged through the personal efforts of the Logistics Manager and the efforts of those persons working under his management and supervision
- Ensuring that all spares movements are properly documented and that relevant documents are forwarded to Accounts Department. This shall include documentation for Import, Export and Customs Duties as required for parts movements
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager for any fleet retrofit campaigns and technical spares issues across the fleet
- Ensure that proper liaison with Planning and Technical Records Administrators occurs to ensure that spares requirements are met and that parts issued from Stores against work orders are accounted for by Technical Records
- Oversee the warranty and purchasing functions to minimize expenditure and maximize claim backs
- Oversee/monitor the performance of the PBH/CFR agreements.
People - Management
Determine the team structure, roles, performance targets and goals at local and Area level to develop a high performance team that is customer-driven, service focused, cost-conscious and responsive to competing regional and global demands.
Integrate and successfully motivate staff to have them work as a team in achieving our operational objectives while complying with DHL standards, policies, procedures and guidelines. Network actively with the organizations involved to achieve this.
Recruit new hires according to internal HR guidelines and procedures
Staff Management & Development:
Ensure that the team is provided with clear direction and clarity performance standards expected and is staffed, trained and motivated to meet set targets. Support staff in performance appraisal process and career development within the company in order to develop and maintain a motivated team of competent staff. Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled Mobility team.
Develop and promote team spirit and communication channels within the group and countries.
Safety and Security: implement and maintain security and safety policies, guidelines and infrastructure in order to achieve safety & security standards. Ensure staff is briefed and aware of security & safety procedures and that they are complied with at all times. Investigate and report on breaches of security and implement corrective actions as recommended after consultation with the parties concerned.
Dangerous Goods Certification Training and Company Internal Procedures Training must be maintained with in all department members
Skills / Qualifications
- The jobholder needs to develop a thorough knowledge of organisation, numerous internal department functions, Aviation Regulation and legislation together with general aviation experience.
- Understanding of the cultural diversity of the covered territories.
- Able to manage a large group of employees.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Clear and concise communicating skills in English
- A flexible working pattern and able to cope with extremely stressful situations at most times.
- Negotiation skill is a must as the jobholder deals with vendors, different internal departments, government bodies, all with their own best interest.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
Expected years of experience
- 5 years of Logistics / Supply Chain Management experience
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Negotiation skills.
- Previous Aviation experience either in an airline or MRO
- Previous management experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of aircraft spare parts
- Must be computer literate, full MS Office suite
- Knowledge of ERP (TRAX) system a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated Project Management experience a distinct advantage
- University degree and/or relevant job experience
- Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance Certified
- Dangerous Goods Level 6 and 7 Certified
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Certificate