8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
As a Material Handler, you'll be responsible for supporting production and repair schedules to ensure appropriate material accountability.
Duties performed will involve clerical and physical tasks for shipment or receipt of goods; packaging and preparing documentation such as commercial and military pack slips, bill of ladings and any other shipping documentation required.
You;ll also prepare items for shipping of customer units, materials and components. In the manufacturing world, every minute counts, and Material Handlers ensure that production always have what they need.
Working alongside Production Supervisors, Program Leads, Supply Chain, and Quality Assurance, Materials Handlers create an efficient workplace for the entire facility.
* Unpack and examine incoming shipments; notify supervisor of damaged items, record storage and , correspond with shippers.
* Review and adjust discrepancies and apply preventative corrective actions.
* Operate necessary automated and manual material moving equipment such as hoists and lift carts to move products, parts, tooling and assemblies to and from assigned destinations.
* Receive, sort, store, issue, stage, move dispatch and ship materials, parts, tools, and assemblies throughout the facility.
* Monitor and/or adjust material variances and close work orders as required.
* Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments, pull parts and consume them into work order, prepare parts for offloads by creating offload documentation and move products around the facility.
* 2 or more years of experience operating a forklift is required
* 1 or more years of experience using Warehouse Management software is required
* Experience with SAP strongly preferred
* Experience with cycle counts strongly preferred
* Experience operating various warehouse equipment such as scales, label-makers, etc. is preferred
* Experience in inventory management techniques such as FIFO, LIFO strongly preferred
* High School Diploma / GED or equivalent is required
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.