4 months ago
Materials Engineer Sr
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The job involves a wide range of materials research activities including:
* Supporting the development of manufacturing processes to ensure consistent products that meet required quality and technical requirements.
* Providing advice and recommendations on Materials testing, selection and application.
* Leading small scale materials research tasks, resourcing the support needed to deliver, while ensuring the cost and schedule achievement of the task.
* Building and maintaining materials properties databases and specifications to support the Engineering community.
* Producing technical documentation to support all activities, from trials specifications to detailed trials reporting.
* Communicating with all stakeholders, including Programme, Customer (both UK and US) and any external suppliers to ensure results are delivered to the highest standards.
* Working within and promoting the use of the LMUK Ampthill Product Development Processes (PDP), which provides the guidance, instructions and controls need to deliver a high end product.
* Use of Microsoft Office and some bespoke software tools associated with materials trials analysis.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Hands on experience with the development of composite materials manufacturing, processing and characterisation methods.
* Materials research or materials science and engineering background (qualifications and work experience) in both metallic and composite materials.
* Writing technical documents.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Trials management experience from trials specification, instrumentation, completion, post trials analysis and reporting in the following areas:
* Knowledge of non-destructive inspection techniques.
* Materials Laboratory
* Environmental Test Facility
* External Test Houses
* Experience of working withing an ISO 9001 Quality system.
* Presentation skills.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.