2 months ago
Job Category: Engineering
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Title: Materials Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our organization.
Day to Day:
The Materials Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of new repairs and new components at Chromalloy Component Services, Inc., including the creation and documentation of all required processes and procedures used to disassemble, assemble, inspect, repair, test and manufacture the affected components.
What you will do:
The position responsiblities include:
* Support Chromalloy’s Business Development Group with technical communication required between the company and its customers.
* Develop technical relationships with CCS’s customers so as to a) identify additional business opportunities for CCS and b) support the resolution of any technical conflicts that may arise during a contract / purchase order execution; plan and coordinate customer visits from a technical support standpoint as required to do so.
* Review technical information as required in support of new repair development and implementation projects.
* Develop repair justifications and quote forms in support of new repair development and implementation projects.
* Develop capital requests for tooling and equipment required in support of new repair development and implementation projects.
* Develop job planning documents defining in detail the operations to be performed through engineering instructions, drawings and process instructions for all repairs developed by CCS.
* Define and conduct all tests required to substantiate new repairs developed by CCS.
* Support the Engineering Department in creating, documenting, developing and implementing procedures to process new repairs and components in compliance with 14 CFR Part 145 and/or any other applicable Code of Federal Regulations, manufacturer's specifications, customer specifications and other requirements as applicable.
* Understand and implement the applicable civil aviation regulations as defined by the appropriate regulatory bodies (e.g., Government, FAA, EASA, JCAB, CAAC, etc) as required in support of CCS’s repair development and implementation programs.
* Assist in training and qualification of engineering personnel with regards to CCS’s repair development and implementation programs and provide technical direction to those performing the production work on site so as to ensure that the instructions are properly interpreted and the quality requirements are met.
What you need to succeed:
* BS in an Engineering discipline is required.
* 3 to 5 years of experience in the aerospace production support or design role.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
* Candidate must be a self-starter able to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and successful in working in a team environment.
* Project management and team leadership to successfully complete complex projects within demanding customer requirements.
* Knowledge of aerospace industry a plus
* College degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited institution; a minimum of 3 years of experience in an aerospace production support or design role.
* Strong computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Prior experience using Microsoft Project, Visio, and Access desired but not mandatory.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.