Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service and attention.
Role: Materials Controller
Contract: 6 months contract
Hours: Hours of work areandhours Monday to Friday, and an on-call rota coveringSaturday and Sunday. The weekend on call occurs approximately every 3-4 weeks subject to leave.
Role Summary: Repair management and Procurement of aircraft parts, material and tooling to support aircraft operations, ensuring lean, efficient and cost-effective measures are utilised. Be able to demonstrate cost saving initiatives.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities:
- Manage the provision of all aircraft parts and material required for defect rectification ensuring effective communication is maintained with the Technical Control Centre (TCC). Ensure the production of daily defect status reports and, in the absence of the Materials Supervisor attend a daily weekday meeting to report component status.
- Procure all other aircraft parts and materials to support line, base and heavy check maintenance operations with an emphasis towards cost effective on-time procurement solutions.
- Ensure all procurement is carried out in a lean, efficient and cost-effective manner, ensuring adherence to overstocking and obsolescence policies.
- On a daily basis, analyse warehouse minimum levels ensuring particular attention to Essentiality Code 1 & 2 items. Ensure a daily report is provided detailing nil stock Essentiality Code 1 & 2 material and current alternative sources.
- On a daily basis, analyse the warehouse replenishment report and distribute aircraft parts, material and tooling to satisfy station requirements, whilst at all times seeking to optimise warehouse and global stock levels.
- Make recommendations based on historical usage and essentiality to the aircraft operation of reduced or increased minimum stock levels ensuring overstocking and obsolescence is avoided.
- Provide feedback to the Materials Supervisor concerning supplier performance issues.
- Deal with and monitor all Critical and AOG shipments to ensure they move point to point as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
- Manage consumable and rotable Shelf Life Expiry, acting as the central point to manage the Shelf Life Expiry process accordance with Part 145 and HMRC regulations.
- Manage all tooling calibration. Any component or tool requiring repair or calibration must be evaluated to determine estimated recalibration/repair costs against future demand.
- Liaise with Planning, Base Maintenance and TCC concerning the production of aircraft components and material for planned maintenance. Ensure the department is aware of planned maintenance activity and associated timeframes to be met.
- Raise and progress all Purchase, Loan, Exchange and Repair orders, ensuring compliance with the company policy on Approved Suppliers and adherence with Part 145. A.42.
- Progress all quarantined orders as directed by the Stores & Logistics Supervisor and overseen by the Materials Supervisor in pursuing short shipments or oversupply, credits or missing paperwork.
- Approve and input repair and calibration quotations ensuring cost of repair and repair warranty is analysed against procuring a replacement with suitable warranty terms at fair market value.
- Analysis of any component declared Beyond Economical Repair (BER) to determine if the component should be replaced, held until a repair is required or redirected to another repair station for further analysis.
- Provide support on the marketing and sales of individual components and sales packages as directed by the Materials Supervisor.
- In rotation, attend a yearly trade exhibition to meet existing suppliers, prospective suppliers and search for new cost saving opportunities.
- Handle Hands of Crew shipments to support charter and scheduled operations. Liaise with handling agents and cargo warehouses and customs clearance agents to ensure delivery of AOG shipments.
- Assist with the administration of the import and exportation of goods.
- Be able to demonstrate new cost savings initiatives and how they can be of benefit to the company. Provide examples where you have taken the lead by identifying and assisting in implementation of such initiatives.
- Provide key statistics to facilitate in depth reporting to enable supplier analysis, effective warranty claiming, and cost control measures as deemed necessary by the Materials Manager.
- Suggest Oases modifications to further enhance the effectiveness of the Materials Controller role.
- Provide key statistics and maintain departmental KPI's as deemed necessary by the Materials Manager.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are designed and carried out in the most lean, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain a team ethos ensuring continuity across the department.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 1-year Materials Controller experience required
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent required
- Demonstrable experience of managing cost saving initiatives required
- Dangerous Goods awareness experience desired
- Reasonable experience with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good experience with OASES
- Good knowledge of Maintenance procedures Manual
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineU Aviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency