8 months ago
Plans and manages inventory at a business unit level, including stores exchange pools. Purchases materials, equipment, supplies and services within established limits for quality, quantity and price guidelines from manufacturers, distributors and surplus dealers. Obtains quotes and negotiates delivery arrangements. Responsible for the maintenance and integrity of related data and systems.
* Carries out inventory control functions by balancing company goals (cost, quality, delivery), setting up and maintaining ABC analysis of inventory, monitoring and controlling customer consignment parts, disposing of excess/obsolete inventory, rescheduling orders if their receipt is premature, monitoring reduce to spares inventory levels, and transferring inventory between service centre locations if necessary.
* Manages, plans and reports on the status of all inventory owned by the business unit. Plans the purchase of all assigned inventory based on forecasts, percentage replacement factors and the alternate parts data file.
* Obtains quotations from vendors to ensure favorable quality, price and delivery terms; researches new products and vendors; provides data to technical staff and assists them in purchasing decisions. Expedites orders to ensure timely delivery of purchases by verifying initial demands and analyzing backorder reports.
* Interfaces with vendors, staff and management to resolve discrepancies, answer questions and provide guidance and training on inventory systems. Recommends enhancements to material planning systems.
* Controls data integrity of inventory systems by creating and updating item master files, analyzing engineering control changes, monitoring past due purchase orders and work-in-progress, researching inventory discrepancies, verifying and updating alternate parts file, and verifying and updating standard costs.
* Coordinates and monitors the return of damaged goods, arranging for replacements or credits, and documents all transactions.
* Researches and reconciles discrepancies noted during cycle count process.
* Carries out new, used and sub-contract supplier/vendor development for the business unit by sourcing new vendors, negotiating price and delivery terms, administering vendor qualification surveys, and educating suppliers on the material policies and procedures of the business unit.
* Participates in the recommendation of business unit material policy discussions. Exhibits an understanding of complex material/financial situations.
* Reviews and recommends updates to company instructions and material policies and procedures.
* Monitors and reports on measures of performance including inventory levels, overall shortages, opportunity costs, inventory turns, average costs by supplier, fill rates, supplier due date compliance and supplier rejects.
* Interacts with Logistics to ensure maximization of freight savings and to communicate priority shipments of incoming materials.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other projects as assigned.
* 3-6 years related experience in an inventory or manufacturing environment.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint).
* Working knowledge of Oracle, SAP, or any government supply systems, a plus.
* Experience with or knowledge of inventory control, purchasing, planning and/or production management computer systems, a plus.
* Education in a related field or completion of an appropriate certification program (PMAC, APICS, CPM or CMA), a plus.
* Must be authorized to work in the US.