8 months ago
Applies standard quality assurance methods to analyze/inspect incoming products for distribution throughout the business unit or program. Ensures all items are received, stored and issued in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
* Visually inspects all incoming products for compliance to the purchase order received with the shipment in accordance with established policy and procedure. The inspection shall focus on the product's received condition including identification, configuration, completion, condition, quantity and appropriate certification.
* Verifies purchased products were obtained from an approved source as listed on the qualified vendor listing, and directs the product to the appropriate area for inspection. Identifies material requiring inspection using the check for acceptance (CFA) process in accordance with established policy and procedure.
* Researches and reconciles discrepancies noted during the cycle count process; completes discrepancy reports and performs computer system data entry from receiving documentation in accordance with established policy and procedure. Segregates non-conforming material from accepted material to prevent inadvertent use.
* Communicates non-conformities found with the appropriate department.
* Cleans incoming trays and moves parts from gateway to engine trays.
* Conducts an inventory of engine parts located on the engine trays to determine part requirements for build kit completion.
* Liaises with production planners to locate parts, expedite work, and/or obtain estimated completion dates.
* Maintains integrity of the U.S.A.F. quarantine area as required by established policy and procedures.
* Logs received and shipped items into production management receiving system to maintain lot control registry.
* Mentors trainees and participates in on-the-job training (OJT) for the relevant materiel process.
* Provides materials, components and engines in a timely manner by physically moving them from stock points either manually or by way of material handling equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
* Operates a forklift truck within all safety guidelines; fuels vehicle when needed and notifies supervisor when problems are encountered with its operation.
* Uses the production management computer system to dispense and receive information such as receipts, transfers, returns, cycle counts, product codes, part numbers, quantities, comments, outstanding demands, non-conformance tags, etc.
* Stocks consumables and parts on warehouse shelving.
* Arranges parts/components into kits as per original equipment manufacturer parts manuals.
* Prepares and completes a variety of documentation required for credit and export compliance, vendor returns, picking and shipping of parts, service center transfer shipments, etc.
*Plans and reports on the status of all U.S.A.F. repairable, quarantine, and customer scrap inventory owned by the business unit. Monitors and controls customer consignment parts,
* Controls data integrity of inventory systems by creating and updating system files.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the proper handling of material.
* Working knowledge of inventory controls and warehousing procedures.
* Familiar with government and commercial packaging and shipping instructions
* Thorough knowledge of the workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) requirements and hazardous goods handling.
* Working knowledge of the certification and traceability requirements for products received and stocked.
* Working knowledge of parts, part numbers, and ability to identify parts by appearance and part number.
* Good planning, organizational, interpersonal, and decision making skills to ensure compliance to customer, regulatory and company requirements.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions and company processes.
* Working knowledge of StandardAero's production management and inventory computer systems.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
* Ability to type a minimum of 20-30 words per minute
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Must be authorized to work in the US.