9 months ago
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
* Partners with Program Management and directs all phases of program planning from inception through completion. Architects, prepares and develops the Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule to meet all program strategic objectives.
* Works with the technical community, operational community and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline.
* Develops a compliant Integrated Master Schedule which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow and resources required to execute the program.
* Works under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory
* Decisions affect the financial, employee or public relations posture of the organization.
* Develops and applies advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as an expert in field within the corporation.
* Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
* Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and execution.
* Leads proposal preparation planning including development of planning artefacts for solicitation response. Interfaces with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator.
* Validates cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management.
* Manages vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artefacts compliant with LM's command media.
* May provide leadership, direction and day to day management of other program planners if applicable.
* Devises modelling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline. Performs time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
* Resolves schedule conflicts, develops and implements work-around strategies and tactical alternatives.
* Utilizes performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance.
* Maintenance and status updates of the IMS on a weekly & monthly basis.
* Maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
* Creation and Maintenance of the Project Business Rhythm.
* Point of contact for both Suppliers and Clients.
* Attendance and Presentation of Schedule Information for client and management reviews.
* Creation of project status reports and slide decks
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Someone who has experience of undertaking detailed planning and yet see the bigger picture for the programme (can undertake strategic planning)
* Good understanding of Schedule Risk Analysis
* Good understanding of the DCMA 14 point health check
* Good understanding of planning basics – Critical Path Methodology, free float, total float.
* Good understanding of earned value including CPI, CPI and TCPI
* Regular interfacing with Directors, and Senior Programme Managers
* Advisor to the Senior Programme Management and Project Director
* Day to day management of staff
* Customer and supplier interface
* Governance at programme level
* Part of a team delivering large change proposals and effective baseline control thereof
* Takes ownership of project performance driving others to meet the schedule
* Recommends to senior programme management team resolution to issues
* Strong focus on stakeholder management
* Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems
* Achieves results by working through others
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.