** Market Development Manager **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace and communications client to identify and recruit a Market Development Manager on a permanent basis. This role is based in Dubai.
The successful candidate will work directly with airlines, and/or through a network of partners, depending on the senior commercial team’s decision on the best route to market.
- Build and maintain influential relationships with key decision makers at target commercial airlines and with our VAR’s and technology partners
- Drive the uptake of products and services, and increase commercial airlines’ contribution to our long-term revenue by developing and being accountable for your sales pipeline
- Develop a thorough understanding of individual airlines’ connectivity aspirations, challenges and strategies
- Become intimately acquainted with a potential customer’s requirements in the pre-proposal phase – ensure the aviation team is well prepared to issue a relevant response to an RFP, or guide them to compile an unsolicited proposal which results in uptake of services
- Lead and influence potential customers from pre-sales stage, through contract signing, and to live service launch
- Provide frequent market/specific airline intelligence to the wider aviation team – be astute to industry trends and remain sufficiently close to customers to anticipate the rhythms of the market, and any relevant commercial developments
- Assist the senior strategy team in decisions about best route to market, by supplying regional market and airline-specific intelligence
- Build strong, supportive relationships with appointed partners. Assist them to develop, and market, value added solutions which answer to customer requirements
- Work energetically and pro-actively with appointed partners to ensure their business plans are on track
- Spot potential commercial opportunities for the business – in collaboration with other team members, decide if these are worth pursuing, and lead the development of chosen campaigns
- Stay abreast of commercial competition and competing technologies in the industry
- Collaborate frequently with other functions in the aviation team to ensure product development, positioning, and pricing is relevant to customers, and viable in the market
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in a sales function, incorporating both direct and indirect routes to market
- Progressive and stable sales career – achieving revenue targets
- Previous experience in selling complex products
- Energetic, enthusiastic, articulate and concise communicator
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Willing to travel extensively within the region (35% +)
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree educated – in engineering/business
- Sales experience within the airline or satellite industry
- Experienced in selling technical product suites, preferably communications solutions
- Knowledge of airline IFE and Connectivity (IFEC)
- Additional languages would be advantageous, specifically Arabic and/or French
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.