8 months ago
Thursday, February 8, 2018
The Manufacturing Welding Engineer focuses on welding engineering, metallurgy, and material science applications. Working under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, this individual is responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing plans and processes for new programs. He or she will also support current manufacturing programs to achieve cost reductions, improved quality, and efficient delivery schedules.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
6655 E. Colonial Drive
Requisition Number: 7372
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Orlando, FL
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Plan and design manufacturing processes in a high rate of production environment.
* Prepare specifications of production operations and write work instructions; prepare supplier instructions for operations sourced outside the company and define tooling specifications for tool fabrication.
* Provide sustaining engineering; generate engineering changes and support with appropriate documentation.
* Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization.
* Prepare technical data and plans related to specific customer requirements and estimated related costs.
* Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications.
* Review customer instructions, blueprints and/or schematics and other applicable specifications to determine inspection requirements.
* Prepare inspection summary sheets, First Article Inspections (FAI) and provide instructions for use.
* Interface effectively with customers in the resolution of production concerns or other issues related to producibility, cost and schedule.
* Conduct producibility studies to evaluate production process reliability and provide appropriate recommendations.
* Assist in the development of technical portions of new business proposals, including selection of manufacturing methods and production processes with estimated costs to implement.
* Perform make vs buy analyses and provide related recommendations to management.
* Broad Knowledge and expertise of laser welding processes, laser welding equipment, metallurgy or material science.
* Fluent oral and written communication skills as well as good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation application software needed.
* Familiarity with MRP systems and ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and bills of material necessary.
* Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
* 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Travel Requirements:Travel required approximately 40% of time to support Middletown Connecticut Facility.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.