about 1 month ago
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C 3 ISR) systems market and a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on both military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
Organized into 3 segments – Electronic Systems, Communications Systems and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems – L3 Technologies employs over 31,000 people worldwide with reported 2017 sales of $9.5 billion.
L3 MariPro specializes in providing undersea sensor networks and spread spectrum through water communication solutions. We are a system concept-through-operations company with extensive experience in responding to demanding customer requirements. L3 MariPro offers employees a rewarding environment where you have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business.
We are searching for a dynamic Mechanical Technician to join our team in Sylmar, CA.
* Ability to follow engineering drawings and instructions to assemble electro-mechanical sensors and cables for underwater applications.
* Work with various epoxies and polyurethane materials (including mixing, degassing and curing)
* Work with piezoelectric ceramic materials (soldering and bonding)
* Utilize shop tools (drilling, sanding, etc.) to assemble prototype sensors
* Develop mechanical fixtures (for assembly and holding sensors during laboratory tests)
* Perform low temperature soldering of piezoelectric ceramic material
* Perform basic benchtop / in-process electrical measurements of sensors
* Interface with cross functional development team members (ME, EE and Systems Engineers)
* 5 years related work experience in a military or aerospace environment.
* High School diploma required, (Trade school or college preferred).
* Good mechanical aptitude (disassemble/reassemble machinery)
* Attention to detail.
* Team participation and organizational skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
Active Security clearance required
This position is contingent upon MariPro receiving an award for a Undersea Cable program (the “Program”), which is currently in source selection review. MariPro anticipates that an award decision will be made in Q1 2019. MariPro plans to conduct interviews and make a contingent offer under this requisition prior to award and then proceed with onboarding of the successful candidate upon award to MariPro for the Program. In the event MariPro does not receive an award for the Program, this requisition will be cancelled and any contingent offers issued thereunder will be withdrawn.
At L3 MariPro we offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, a 9/80 workweek, and paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Division - Mari Pro, Inc.-20000058
Jan 21, 2019, 10:27:54 PM