6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft our systems make modern flight possible. And by make it possible, we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
We have an immediate need for a Manufacturing Supervisor at our Burnsville facility.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of assemblers and technicians and for one of our Air Data Sensors product lines. Your skills in operations and leadership will be critical in the training, development, and staffing of your team in addition to our production objectives.
You will execute to monthly production schedules, collaborating with support groups such as engineering, planning, supply chain & quality to ensure accountability while meeting our high standards for ethics, EHS, and quality.
2nd shift Monday thru Thursday 3:00 pm to 1:30 am
* Manage the direction, planning, and performance in Manufacturing.
* Leads multi-functional teams to resolve problems and is responsible for managing multiple functions within the business.
* Participates in cross SBU teams to address operational improvements.
* Manages groups of manufacturing and operational support personnel to achieve schedule, cost, quality, safety, inventory, and customer satisfaction goals.
* Organize and develop a team and provide for their training, development, and motivation to meet the needs of their positions and the overall business needs of the value stream as well as the Strategic Business Unit.
* Ensure compliance with our EHS, Ethical Policies and with Federal, State and local laws. Disseminate relevant information regarding EH&S compliance to employees and to contractors.
* 2 years of relevant manufacturing/operations & leadership background
* General knowledge of contemporary quality practices, scheduling, methods, processes, labor standards, manufacturing support systems and data processing functions.
* Must have highly developed people motivation and management skills
* Prior Aerospace manufacturing experience is desired, not required
* 4-year Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree completed or actively in process.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.