7 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? Consider how an internship with UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) can jumpstart your career; this is a chance to work alongside the aerospace industry's top people in some of the world's most technologically advanced facilities. It’s an exciting opportunity to take on challenging projects, integrate theory and practice, and further confirm your career choices within a highly stimulating culture. If you want to be a part of a global business that’s creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers, consider this your runway. All superstars start somewhere… are you ready to take off?
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of or operations worldwide.
As a Manufacturing/Operations Intern at UTC Aerospace Systems you will support the development of all processes and procedures to effectively streamline manufacturing at the Phoenix Operations facility, including application of lean manufacturing practices applied to the facility.
* Participate in manufacturing, tracking, and status with supervisor or operations manager
* Provide technical expertise, drives continuous improvement initiatives, and ensure compliance to company, customer and government standards
* Involvement in control builds, work instructions, engineering documentation review, training, cost analysis, design for manufacture suggestions, etc
* Establishes/reviews manufacturing processes and identifies improvement opportunities that support efficient product flow and/or cost reduction and lead/assists in solution implementations
* Supports manufacturing organization to maintain product flow
* Clarifies and corrects work instructions as necessary
* Supports resolution of technical production problems
* Ensure that production personnel have the necessary documents and tools required to build quality products
* Investigates inefficiencies and areas for cost reduction in manufacturing
* Explores new processes and equipment to realize cost savings on new and existing product lines
* Provides recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* GPA of 3.0 or above is required
* Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework
* Experience with lean manufacturing desired Candidates should be self-starters and able to work with minimal directions
* Candidates must be able to communicate a clear understanding of their subject matter, work in cross-functional teams, respect individual differences, welcome diverse thinking, and offer informed suggestions to improve processes
* Good time management skills and communication skills
* Able to take direction and follow through with minimal supervision
* Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma processes
* Familiarity with database applications and Excel
* Ability to work in a safe manner, within Aerospace Manufacturing Environment
* Individual must be reliable, willing to learn, have good attention to detail and be comfortable working in a production manufacturing environment
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administrations, Engineering (e.g. Electronics, Mechanical) or Materials & Supply Chain.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.